Senior Network Security Engineer
We are looking for a senior network security engineer to join our team.
Who we are:
A data security company with a vision. Our vision and product furnishes clients with the first Unified Security Model that provides Identity and Access Management in synchronicity with Data Protection to combat the next generation of threats.
Who you are:
A self motivated techie who is interested in working alongside the best line of network security products across a variety of industries.
What you will be doing:
You will be undertaking the role of senior technical support and consulting professional. In a nutshell you will be serving as a customer-facing Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will be representing Syntegrity and selected Syntegrity partners.
- 5+ years of experience working in an enterprise-level customer support, escalation, or consulting capacity with a high-technology company in the networking, security, or compliance 5+ years of experience working in an enterprise-level customer support, escalation, or consulting capacity with a high-technology company in the networking, security, or compliance industries.
- Self-starter that can work with a sense of urgency both independently as well as within a team environment
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment
- Experience working with TCP/IP, HTTP/S, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of TCP/IP stack protocols (2nd layer and above).
- Experience with layer 7th security appliances highly desired
- Knowledge of current security threats, vulnerabilities and web application attacks.
- Experience with web vulnerability scanners, database assessment tools highly desired
- Experience with PCI, HIPPA or SOX audit and compliance
- Experience with security risk assessment and mitigation techniques
- Experience with TCP/IP packet analysis.
- Basic knowledge in databases (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2)
- Basic knowledge in web and application development (JSP, .NET, Ruby, HTML)
- Experience with administration of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Knowledge of a scripting languages such as Perl or Shell
- Fluent (Both Written and Oral) in English; additional language fluency in Spanish highly desirable
In addition to the basic tasks outlined above you will also:
- Manage customer relationships and become recognized as a trusted advisor.
- Work closely and provide technical support to our valued customers.
- Understand and document customer requirements, managing expectations all the while providing exemplary customer service.
- Assess the customer’s technical environment and plan installations and configurations.
- Create custom security policies, risk mitigation plans and assessments
- Write white papers, tech notes, detailed technical implementation plans, and results of security assessments as well as other high level documentation is required.
- Provide guidance to other Network Security Engineers within the Syntegrity team.
Bachelors or equivalent required; security and networking certifications preferred.
Required Travel approx. As required by projects; up to 75%.
- A great place to work.
- Competitive salaries.
- Medical/dental/vision (75% paid for employees, partial for dependents).
- Initial 15 day PTO as well as company paid holidays.
- We encourage personal growth so we offer and encourage further learning and certifications. And yes, we offer tuition reimbursement.
- We have yearly reviews to encourage career advancement, quarterly cash bonus plans, as well as immediate impact awards.
- We do have remote-work options contingent on project assignments.
- Additionally, we offer commuter benefits as well as phone and internet reimbursement.
Our work environment:
We are located in beautiful Belltown: a stone’s throw from the Puget Sound and near downtown Seattle. Olympic Sculpture Park is located down the street and the Space needle is a five-minute walk from the office so you can fully experience all of the attractions of the Seattle City Center.
As we grow we continue to evolve our approach to work itself; seeking to make it about the experience as much as the result.
We aim to implement policies that encourage employee fulfilment both at work and in personal life.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please Note: Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.